- Posted by D_MARKETING
- Date FEBRUARY 20, 2023
Be true to your teeth and they won’t be false to you!
What is MDS in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics?
Let’s us begin with answering the most important question. MDS in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics is a PG program that focuses on the
- And treatment of dental and facial irregularities and injuries.
The program is designed for dental professionals who wish to specialize in the field of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopaedics after completing their BDS.
MDS stands for Master of Dental Surgery. The program typically takes three years to complete and includes both coursework and clinical training at SGT Dental Hospital.
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of dental and facial irregularities, such as crooked teeth, overcrowding, and misaligned jaws. Whereas, Dentofacial orthopaedics is a related field that focuses on the treatment of facial growth and development issues, such as underdeveloped jaws or asymmetrical facial features, etc.
During the MDS Orthodontics program at SGT University, students learn about the latest techniques and technologies in orthodontic treatment, as well as the science behind facial growth and development. SGT University leaves no stone unturned in providing world-class dental education to its students, living up to its name as the best dental university in Gurgaon.
Students are equipped to provide advanced orthodontic care to patients of all ages, thus helping them achieve a healthy smile.
MDS in Orthodontics & & Dentofacial Orthopaedics Jobs in India
There are numerous jobs available after MDS in Orthodontics in both India and abroad. Some of the common jobs that can be undertaken by graduate students are:
- Dental surgeons: They are in charge of ensuring the patient’s comfort and pain alleviation while fixing their teeth.
- Dental hygienists: They are in charge of providing patients with preventative dental care through checkups, tooth cleanings, and other dental procedures for oral health.
- Dental Lab Technician: They determine the design of the dental goods, study models and impressions as well as prescriptions or requirements.
- Public Health Specialist: A public health specialist is a healthcare practitioner who studies ailments and diseases and collaborates with epidemiologists and medical specialists to identify and contain infectious diseases.
- Consultant: They can work as consultants for hospitals, dental clinics, or even pharmaceutical companies. They provide expert advice on orthodontic procedures and techniques.
- Academician: MDS graduates can opt for a career in academics and work as professors or lecturers in dental colleges or universities. They can also conduct research in the field of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
- Researcher: They can also work as researchers in the dental industry, focusing on developing new orthodontic treatments or improving existing techniques.
- Sales Representative: Graduates can work as sales representatives for companies that manufacture and sell orthodontic appliances and related products.
- Entrepreneurs: They can also set up their orthodontic clinic or chain of clinics, providing orthodontic services to patients.
MDS in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics Syllabus
The following are the common subjects in MDS in Orthodontics:
- Human Anatomy
- Oral Anatomy
- Oral Pathology
- Public Health
Know more about the complete Syllabus of MDS at SGT University here!
MDS in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics Eligibility
Admission to this postgraduate course at SGT University is dependent upon NEET score and the admissions are done through centralized counseling.
Admissions to Dental Courses at SGT University are opening soon. SGT University is a Diamond Ranked University according to the QS I-Gauge ranking.