Department of Public Health Dentistry, Faculty of Dental Sciences, SGT University in collaboration with Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry celebrated National Toothbrushing Day on 7th November 2020, which is observed to enforce the importance of educating every member of the society about brushing technique and also educating the importance of oral health and maintaining good oral hygiene.
The activities were carried out at:
- Blind Relief Association, New Delhi
- Dental Unit, SGT Medical Hospital, SGT University
Following activities will be conducted:
- Oral health education about maintaining good oral health
- Demonstration of proper brushing technique
- Distribution of Toothbrush and toothpaste to all
- Oral Health Check-up
- Education through IEC material like videos, pamphlets, badges & stickers
A total of over 200 individuals including children, teenagers, adults and elderly attended the drive at both locations combined.
The event saw active participation by many faculty members, led by Dr. Mandeep Grewal, Dr. Shourya Tandon and other head of departments from Faculty of Dental Sciences. Team Public Health Dentistry represented by Dr. Shourya Tandon, Dr. Sanchit Pradhan, Dr. Abhinav Bhargava, Dr. Charu Khurana, Dr. Ankita, postgraduates from Pedodontics & PHD and interns undertook all the activities.
Toothbrush and toothpaste samples were sponsored by Colgate Palmolive India Pvt Ltd represented by Mr. Zia Ur Rehman & Team Public Health Dentistry.
The drive initiated a positive change towards good oral health.